Abarth 500/595 EBC Big Brake Kit 330mm
EBC Big Brake Kit
EBC Brakes’ Balanced Big Brake Kits represent the ultimate upgrade in braking performance, offering significant reductions in stopping distances whether used on road or on track.
Balanced is Better™
Every kit is supplied with all the hardware you need to completely replace all equivalent components of your vehicles stock braking system, giving a firmer and more responsive brake pedal and allowing you to drive harder for longer without the onset of brake fade.
Yet unlike all other front ‘big brake kits’ on the market – which solely supply the parts for one axle – every EBC Balanced Big Brake Kit is a full vehicle upgrade and is supplied complete with matching friction rear pads to fit the original caliper and braided brake lines for the front and rear, ensuring a totally balanced brake upgrade that delivers maximum braking performance.
Designed from the Ground up to Perform
Every individual component found in a Balanced Big Brake Kit has been designed from the ground up to perform, right down to the very last bleed nipple. Every single brake caliper metal fitting and brake disc drive bobbin is manufactured from stainless steel to ensure parts are long lasting and do not corrode.
The brake disc bell and caliper brackets are machined from aerospace grade billet aluminium for high strength and durability. To finish off, every kit is supplied with EBC’s flagship fast street and track Yellowstuff™ brake pads.
Why Apollo Calipers?
Strength & Resistance
- Fully floating 2-piece rotor that allows outer ring to expand freely in response to heat. This reduces stress which in turn extends rotor life and reduces the tendency for rotor cracking during extreme use.
- Drive bobbins machined from a single piece of stainless steel giving maximum strength and corrosion resistance. Stainless bobbins reduce the requirement for regular disc maintenance and ensures the outer ring continues to float freely even when used on the public road with corrosive salts and other road grime.
- Each bobbin assembly features an anti-rattle spring clip ensuring silent operation when driving on the public highway. Rotor rings feature 48 directional internal curved vanes for improved rotor cooling.
- Friction rings are cast from high carbon G3500 alloy giving excellent wear properties and improved thermal capacity.
- All EBC disc rings are cast using the ‘centre split’ casting method, ensuring a balanced casting that will not distort under high heat, an issue common with cheaper ‘moulded out’ castings.
- Unique Swept Groove slot design for effective evacuation of braking dust and gasses whilst ensuring good initial ‘bite’ on brake apply
- Replacement disc rings for EBC floating rotors are significantly less expensive than our major competitors.
EBC’s 2-Piece Rotors have been Quality Tested in Accordance to the Recently Introduced R90 Brake Rotor Test Routine
This test is the harshest and most rigorous test for brake rotors in the world and is purposely designed to attempt to cause brake rotors to fail. The EBC disc passed the test with ease, completing the full 150 test cycles without so much as exhibiting minor surface crazing, a true testament to the exception quality of EBC’s UK made 2-piece rotors.
Every EBC Balanced Big Brake Kit is Supplied with EBC YellowStuff™ Pads for Both Front and Rear Axles
Unlike all other front ‘big brake kits’, which solely supply parts for the front axle, EBC includes matching YellowStuff™ brake pads for the rear axle at zero additional cost to you. This ensures your vehicle ends up with an optimum brake balance and the rear axle shares a portion of the braking load, giving improved control under braking and shorter overall stopping distances.
YellowStuff™ pads offer excellent cold bite and zero brake noise making them a great pad for road use, yet they are also capable of operating without brake fade up to 550°C, making them an equally outstanding pad for moderate track use.
Every hose has a stainless steel braided exterior that prevents a phenomenon known as ‘ballooning’, this braided exterior prevents the spongey feel of OE rubber lines and provides greater precision and feel under braking.
Every kit is supplied with EBC Brake’s stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear. Also including rear lines is another market first from EBC and one that ensures that every EBC Balanced Big Brake Kit includes every single piece of hardware you need to result in a truly balanced performance brake upgrade.
Every EBC brake line is made in the UK and is 100% pressure tested after assembly to ensure the highest quality. EBC brake lines are also DOT, ISO and TUV approved and come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and corrosion.